|Accounting: Budgets & AuditsBuilding Use Policy Code of Ordinances ElectionsFAQ Legal NoticesRequesting Public DocumentsTransient Merchant
License ApplicationVoter Registration
The Clerk's Office is often the first contact that businesses and residents make in order to find out information or get help solving a problem. Our goal is to provide outstanding service and support the dynamic needs of those who live and work in our area.
The Clerk’s Office is here to assist you by:
- Registering voters, maintaining accurate voter files, verifying petitions, processing absentee ballot requests, proper staffing of polling places, and the conduct of federal, state and local elections.
- Adhering to the Open Meetings Act, including scheduling public hearings, special meetings, posting of public notices, and publishing appropriate public notices in the official newspaper of notice.
- Maintaining a full record of all Township Board meeting proceedings, including minutes of the meetings, resolutions, policies and procedures, contracts and ordinances.
- Archiving all official Township records and documents, including bonds, contracts, ordinances, resolutions, correspondence and other files. Recent documents are accessible at the Township Administrative offices and online. Documents over 10 years old are typically stored off-site.
- Processing of Liquor Licenses, Transient Merchant Licenses, and Applications for tax exemptions in Industrial Development Districts.
- Scheduling the use of Morris Hall, at the Administration Building, for public meetings and community activities.
- Administering the Oath of Office to Police Officers, Board, Committee and Commission members.
- Providing accounting and payroll functions, including general ledger, inventory, and legal billings.
- Receiving and processing all legal documents, including bids and contracts; compiling and codifying Township ordinances; sending official correspondence; and sorting and distributing interoffice mail.
- Notary Public services provided to residents free of charge.
The Clerk is the Chairman of the Township Election Commission and is responsible for tallying and submitting all finalized election records and results to Washtenaw County Clerk’s Office.
The Clerk serves as the Freedom of Information Officer for access to public records.
The Clerk’s Office is proud to serve you. Please contact the office by phone or email for additional information.