Historic District Commission
The Historic District Commission is charged, by township ordinance, to:
- Advance the historical interests of the Township
- Effect a useable and maintainable archive of historic material
- Foster civic beauty
- Promote the use of historic districts for the education, pleasure, and welfare of the citizens of Pittsfield Charter Township and of the State of Michigan
- Promote township identity through public awareness of the history of Pittsfield Township
- Safeguard the heritage of Pittsfield Charter Township by preserving historic districts that reflect elements of its history, architecture, archaeology, engineering, or culture
- Stabilize and improve property values in each district and surrounding areas
- Strengthen the local economy
Historic District Commission Meetings are currently being held in-person in the large conference room at the Township Administration Building, located at 6201 West Michigan Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. Byrd Center Historic District Study Committee meetings are currently being held electronically to comply with Health Department orders and guidance, and to reduce the risk of spreading disease at a live meeting.
The April 19, 2022 Byrd Center Historic District Study Committee agenda has been published. To participate in the April 19, 2022 Byrd Center Historic District Study Committee meeting as a member of the public:
- For video conferencing, visit the Zoom meeting link and enter meeting ID: 851 7080 0824
- Call (877) 853-4583 and enter meeting ID: 851 7080 0824
Agendas & MinutesAll agendas are subject to revision at the time of the meeting. Meeting notices will be posted in compliance with PA 267 of 1976 as amended (Open Meetings Act), MCLA 41.72a (2) (3), and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
MembersThe Historic District Commission is comprised of seven members that are appointed to one, two, or three year terms:
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Clerk's Office 3 business days prior to the meeting. The Clerk's Office can be reached at 734.822.3120 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.