The Sustainability Committee was established in 2017 to focus on best practices in sustainability and to implement the objectives of the 2020 Sustainable Vision Master Plan.
One of the overarching goals of the 2020 Sustainable Vision Master Plan, adopted by the Pittsfield Township Board of Trustees on June 14, 2017, is "to hard-code sustainability into the DNA of [Pittsfield Township's] work processes and products. Sustainability is defined in the 2020 Sustainable Vision Master Plan as 1) supporting the expansion and preservation of green space, 2) expanding a multi-modal transportation network that reduces emissions and promotes public gathering spaces, and 3) maximizing dense, infill development and minimizing gray infrastructure or impermeable surfaces.
The Pittsfield Township Board of Trustees strives to meet these goals of sustainability in a fiscally responsible manner while improving working and living environments to build a thriving community that concurrently considers economic, environmental, and social impacts.
The Sustainability Committee should advise the Board of Trustees and examine long-range strategies for the following issues:
- Implementation of the goals and objectives of the 2020 Sustainable Vision Master Plan and the 2020 Sustainable Vision Parks & Recreation Master Plan
- Plans, programs, and policy guidelines to address sustainability issues such as:
- Energy & Climate
- Environment & Waste Management
- Agriculture & Local Food Access
- Facilities & Infrastructure
- Infill/Redevelopment Practices
- Implementation of sustainable best-management practices
- Systematic documentation that can be used as measurements of success
- Establish partnerships with area schools to engage youth in the development and implementation of sustainability initiatives and programs
The Sustainability Committee is comprised of at least eight members recommended by the supervisor for appointment by the Township Board:
- Mandy Grewal, Supervisor
- Lauren Apone
- Janet Bourgon
- Richard Brown
- Ann Harris
- Ric Lawson
- Richard Pilsko
- Patricia Reilly
- Harry Sheehan
- Bradley Smith
- Jessica West
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the Clerk's Office 3 business days prior to the meeting. The Clerk's Office can be reached at 734-822-3120 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.