Human Resources works to support the organization by providing services that promote a work environment characterized by fair and equitable treatment of staff, open communications, personal accountability, trust, and mutual respect.
Our support of Pittsfield Township is based on the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and deserve to be treated as such. The Pittsfield Township Guiding Principles serve as the foundation for our approach to all the services we provide; and we will continually strive to act as a catalyst enabling all Pittsfield Township employees to contribute at optimum levels toward the success of the township by:
- Ensuring that employees are given the tools, training, and motivation to operate in the most efficient and effective manner possible;
- Recruiting and promoting the best-qualified individuals to work for the Township, while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the workplace;
- Retaining valuable employees by providing a competitive salary and benefits package, and developing the full potential of our workforce by providing training and development for career enhancement and individual growth;
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy and secure, and free from discrimination and harassment; and
- Establishing, administering, and effectively communicating sound policies, rules, and practices that treat employees fairly, and with dignity and equality, while maintaining compliance with labor and employment laws, Township directives, and labor agreements.
The Human Resources team collaborates with our colleagues within and outside of Pittsfield Township to provide quality services in all personnel operations with integrity, responsiveness, and sensitivity to the Township's employees and residents.