Job Posting is a way to publicize our job openings and to identify qualified and interested applicants. Pittsfield Township's Job Posting program provides you with the opportunity to indicate your interest in open positions and advance within the organization according to your skills and experience. In general, we post all regular, full-time job openings for a minimum of seven days. A job opening may be posted internally and externally at the same time. We may also use other recruiting sources to fill open positions when necessary.
The posting will indicate the job title and include a complete job description and the deadline to apply. Current employees must have successfully completed the probationary period of their current position to be eligible to apply for a posted job. You should only apply for posted jobs for which you possess the required skills, competencies, and qualifications.
To apply for an open position, submit an Employment Application to the Human Resources Department. Some job postings will also require a cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, certifications, etc. It is important to follow the instructions on the job posting carefully to ensure you submit a complete and accurate employment packet, and are not eliminated from consideration due to an incomplete application.
Steps in the Application Process
During the application process, we have a main goal in mind, and it's probably the same as yours: To determine if a career at Pittsfield Township is the right fit for you. Here is what you can expect should you decide to apply with us:
- View our current Job Openings on our website.
- Complete and submit an Employment Application and any other documents specifically requested in the Job Posting for the position for which you are applying.
- Human Resources (HR) will review your employment application to determine if you meet minimum qualifications for the position. Applicants who do not possess the minimum qualifications for the position may be rejected.
- HR will then work with the hiring manager to determine which qualified applicants will be selected for an interview. This process may take several weeks as we allow adequate time to collect and review all applications submitted. All information submitted in the application is subject to verification. Applications may be rejected or employment may be terminated, at any time, if an applicant has provided incomplete, untrue, or misleading information.
- HR schedules interviews with selected applicants who best match the position requirements.
- HR will send a reply to all qualified applicants - whether selected for an interview or not.
- Final candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment physical and drug screening, as well as a background check. We believe that hiring well-qualified individuals contributes to the overall success of the Township. Drug screening and background checks serve as an important part of the selection process at Pittsfield Township, and help promote a safe and secure environment for our employees and residents. All information attained from the background check process will only be used as part of the employment process and will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note: Employment Applications are only accepted when there is a posted position.
Pittsfield Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pittsfield Township is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.