The Pittsfield Township Department of Public Safety has joined other agencies throughout Washtenaw County by moving Police Dispatch operations to the Washtenaw County Sheriff's Office (Metro Dispatch) Regional Dispatch Center, and Fire Dispatch operations to Huron Valley Ambulance.
Pittsfield Township will continue to have their police and fire personnel dispatched to all calls for service; the only change will be where the dispatch services occur.
Accessing services at Pittsfield Township's Department of Public Safety:
- Front desk assistance; personnel are staffed at the DPS front desk to assist with non-emergency calls and walk-in requests for information Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Records Department hours of operation remain Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm Please call for assistance at 734.822.4930.
- At all three Department of Public Safety Buildings; after-hours call boxes are available to request assistance for emergency and non-emergency calls 24 hours a day (dials directly to Metro Dispatch: 734.994.2911).
- A telephone in the main station (6227 W. Michigan Avenue) lobby will also be available to call for assistance during open lobby hours if needed.
Residents have access to the following services:
- Walk-in services at the police department (filing police reports and obtaining general assistance) continue same as before. A support services assistant or responding officer will provide assistance as needed.
- Vacation Property Checks (online at the Township website)
- Filing police reports online: please review the guidelines on what types of crimes can be reported through this system (online at the township website)
- Requests regarding services or questions can be sent via email to email@example.com.
- Code Enforcement issues/concerns please call 734.822.2111.