Students from the University of Michigan's Master of Urban Planning Program were asked to generate design concepts for a key site in Pittsfield Township. The site was selected by the class. It is located on the southwest corner of Textile and State roads. The site is adjacent to a large single-family residential development and located along one of our most important business corridors, State Road. The site is currently undeveloped with a lush landscape and interesting topography.
The students designs strive to:
- Create walkable mixed-use development
- Integrate senior housing options on-site to encourage aging in place
- Preserve the character of the State Road business corridor
- Protect natural systems and local ecology
- Use natural on-site storm water management systems