How do I file a claim?

Please take inventory, including photos of all damaged items in and around your home, for your records/insurance needs. You will then need to contact your homeowners insurance company and file a claim. A claim also needs to be filed with Pittsfield Charter Township, and can be accessed online. Completed forms, photos, and all other documentation should be emailed to

Show All Answers

1. What should we do if we have water backed up in our basement?
2. Why did the sanitary sewer back up?
3. How do I file a claim?
4. Who manages stormwater in my neighborhood?
5. Who do I call if my yard is flooded?
6. Is the water in my basement clean? How do I properly clean it up?
7. How do I schedule a bulk pickup for items affected by flooding?